Hello all! I am a freshman at Miami University, majoring in microbiology. In my English class, I have the opportunity to write a paper about microbiology. Part of the paper pertains on careers in the field. I was hoping to ask some questions to get a better understanding, and to see what I am in for! If anyone wants to reply, I would really appreciate it.
• What universities did you attend and what degrees do you hold?
• When you were in school, what kind of research projects were you involved in?
• Where do you work at now?
• What is your favorite part of your job?
• Are there any skills you obtained outside of the classroom (sports teams, clubs) that have helped you in your job?
• What has been your most challenging experience related to school or work?
• When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up? Did you always know you would work in the science field?
• I have always heard that it is hard for people in more demanding careers to balance work and family. Do you think this is true? For those with families, how do you manage both?
• Do you have any advice or sage wisdom to pass on?
Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
questions about a career in microbiology
No replies to this topic