• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

Hypoxia - downregulated HIF-1A

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 molecular_medicine

molecular_medicine

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
Neutral

Posted 15 April 2010 - 04:59 AM

Hi all..

I have been tryin to study the regulation og HIF-1A for my hypoxic experiments. I tried doing cobalt chloride dose response, hypoxia incubators and bubbling up culture media with Nitrogen, and still HIF-1A is not up regulated in my cells. My other protein of interest which is a hypoxia response protein is upregulated, so to confirm that the cells are undergoing hypoxia, HIF-1A the marker for hypoxia is not upregulated...

can anybody pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease suggest why this is the case and ways to rectify the problem??? I have been stuck with this for the past 2 years!!!! yes 2 precious years of my PhD!!!!!!!!!!!11 ;) :) :(

Many Thanks...

#2 JULI-ARG

JULI-ARG

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Neutral

Posted 01 June 2011 - 06:50 AM

Hi!
A question, what do you look for? HIF mRNA or protein??? Because under hypoxia, the first thing that happens is an stabilization of HIF protein, not an induction of HIF transcription... Sorry about my English

#3 Trof

Trof

Brain on a stick

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,200 posts
Excellent

Posted 03 June 2011 - 06:38 AM

Yes, the regulation of HIF-alpha activity is done mainly on the protein level. The expression is constitutive, but may be upregulated in cancers or long term hypoxia.

Our country has a serious deficiency in lighthouses. I assume the main reason is that we have no sea.

I never trust anything that can't be doubted.

'Normal' is a dryer setting. - Elizabeth Moon

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.