• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

Questions to ask during an interview

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#16 Ameya P

Ameya P

Rervm Cognoscere Cavsas

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts
Excellent

Posted 11 February 2011 - 05:24 AM

(like a few days ago someone I know wnated to work for a big advertising firm and the first contest was: "look at those 20 symbols and tell us what company it is" .. I mean??? Do you really need to know all those symbols? And I can imagine: ok its for a job at an advertizing company, but even then .. and the symbols were from stupid unknown companies... whats the point is this? And they selected people based on that....

Probably you heard a biased story here... they could not have selected people based on ONLY that...

And if the interviewer's asking you 'do you know the names of our top bosses', then he/she is not FIT to take your interview... and has absolutely NO IDEA what to do when one is the interviewer...

NEW!!!!  Wonder why this was not part of Chemistry class, ever!  on CoffeeTableScience!!!!

Image copyright: Adrian Koh SF.
Replication of this art is strictly prohibited without express permission of the artist

#17 pito

pito

Veteran

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,334 posts
Excellent

Posted 11 February 2011 - 06:18 AM

(like a few days ago someone I know wnated to work for a big advertising firm and the first contest was: "look at those 20 symbols and tell us what company it is" .. I mean??? Do you really need to know all those symbols? And I can imagine: ok its for a job at an advertizing company, but even then .. and the symbols were from stupid unknown companies... whats the point is this? And they selected people based on that....

Probably you heard a biased story here... they could not have selected people based on ONLY that...

And if the interviewer's asking you 'do you know the names of our top bosses', then he/she is not FIT to take your interview... and has absolutely NO IDEA what to do when one is the interviewer...

Nono, its not a biased story.. I heard it from someone I know and I have checked it with someone else who works there.. and she told me they do indeed select the first round with that kind of question...

And you dont want to know how many idiots there are taking interviews....

If you don't know it, then ask it! Better to ask and look foolish to some than not ask and stay stupid.

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.