• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

re-digestion

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 cellgene

cellgene

Enthusiast

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31 posts
Neutral

Posted 18 March 2010 - 03:14 AM

Hi everyone

I am trying to do cloning.
I double digested my PCR products and vector (which had another insert). I have seen that this other insert was cut, but the band was not very strong.
I made the ligation and transformation so in the end I had very nice colonies-I thought. However today I got the sequences and seen that all the colonies were negative with respect to what I tried to insert and instead positive wrt the insert I thought I cut out.

So I think now my restriction was incomplete and I will repeat it now. I already have some of my digested PCR product (the one I try to insert). My question is, can I digest it again? Or should I make the PCR again and digest that?

Additional info: I have used NheI and EcoRI enzymes, digested in NEBuffer 1 + BSA at 37C for 2 hours. Should I increase the time?

Thanks in advance!

a poor, newbie master student :D

#2 Vini

Vini

Veteran

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts
Neutral

Posted 18 March 2010 - 03:32 AM

Hi everyone

I am trying to do cloning.
I double digested my PCR products and vector (which had another insert). I have seen that this other insert was cut, but the band was not very strong.
I made the ligation and transformation so in the end I had very nice colonies-I thought. However today I got the sequences and seen that all the colonies were negative with respect to what I tried to insert and instead positive wrt the insert I thought I cut out.

So I think now my restriction was incomplete and I will repeat it now. I already have some of my digested PCR product (the one I try to insert). My question is, can I digest it again? Or should I make the PCR again and digest that?

Additional info: I have used NheI and EcoRI enzymes, digested in NEBuffer 1 + BSA at 37C for 2 hours. Should I increase the time?

Thanks in advance!

a poor, newbie master student :D

You could digest it again. But, in such cases I always like to start afresh, ie from the PCR. Also, for preparing my insert/vector for ligation purposes, I use longer time for incubation 4-5 hrs.

Best

Edited by DRN, 18 March 2010 - 03:32 AM.

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.