• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

Serum Protein Electrophoresis

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 lav1

lav1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Neutral

Posted 22 March 2002 - 08:34 AM

I am looking for a protocol for serum protein electrophoresis, preferably using agarose.  Thanks!

#2 Zagami Francesco

Zagami Francesco

Enthusiast

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 42 posts
Neutral

Posted 13 November 2014 - 02:05 AM

Serum proteins electrophoresis on cellulose acetate membrane : I use run ecological buffer TTS barbiturate free (66.04 mM [8.0 g/L] Tris, 20.93 mM [3.75 g/L] Tricine, 38.5 [2.25 g/L] NaCl, 4.68 mM [0.75 g/L] sodium salicylate, pH 8.7 ± 0.1). In my observation when electroendosmosis is high only four fraction are separated and α1-globulin is not resolved from the albumin. Addition of sodium chloride counteracted both of these undesiderable effects, presumably by association with the proteins to alter charge, and by increasing the current and therefore the heating effect, to move the proteins more anodally. The salicylate functions as a complexing agent in the buffer solution, forming a bond, probably by way of hydrogen bonding, to the protein thereby affecting the mobility of the protein in migration during the electrophoresis.

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.