• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

Fission Yeast complementaion

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 molecule

molecule

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
Neutral

Posted 12 March 2010 - 12:39 AM

Hey,
I was wondering if any one knows or has done a complementation experiment with fission yeast.
I have one mutant that I;m interested in studying further but I need to transform it in to a null diplod. ( A diploid where my gene of interest has been distrupted) The gene that I;m looking at is essential; and that is the reason that I have to do the complementation on a null to see if my mutant will be viable after transformation.
I have not worked much with diplods in my project so up to now so any type of advise on how to carry out this experiment or any guidance is greatly appreciated. Also if I want to have some controls what would be some good ones?
I have been trying to find this method for a long time but coudn't find an detailed protocol online or anywhere. If some one can help me out or direct me as to how to get about working with the diplod that will be very helpful! I have heard that working with diplods is harder so knowing some additional info: and the help with the assay will be greatly appreciated!!

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.