• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo

Assessing Pre-miR transfection efficiency

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Baars01

Baars01

Enthusiast

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 45 posts
Neutral

Posted 03 March 2010 - 07:25 AM

Hi,

I'm currently performing Pre-miR (Ambion) transfections, but I have a bit of a problem: We do not have a fluorescent microscope so we cannot measure transfection efficiency using the labelled Pre-miRs. In stead I have been using RT-PCR to measure the increase in expression of the miRNAs in question and have been getting some pretty decent results.

This measure does not seem to be terribly quantifiable in terms of percentage transfection efficiency, does anybody have any ideas or examples on how to convert this to something publishable?

#2 daoke

daoke

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Neutral

Posted 17 June 2010 - 04:07 AM

Hi,

I'm currently performing Pre-miR (Ambion) transfections, but I have a bit of a problem: We do not have a fluorescent microscope so we cannot measure transfection efficiency using the labelled Pre-miRs. In stead I have been using RT-PCR to measure the increase in expression of the miRNAs in question and have been getting some pretty decent results.

This measure does not seem to be terribly quantifiable in terms of percentage transfection efficiency, does anybody have any ideas or examples on how to convert this to something publishable?

you can try FCM. rt-pcr and wb also ok .

#3 pcrman

pcrman

Epigenetist

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,165 posts
Excellent

Posted 17 June 2010 - 08:59 PM

You don't need to show data on transfection efficiency in your paper. There is absolutely no need. If you are working with cell lines, the transfection efficiency can easily reach 100%.

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.