• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Let the games begin

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#76 casandra

casandra

carpe diem by the jugulum

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,035 posts
Excellent

Posted 26 February 2010 - 02:08 PM

pffft I just fall down :P and even she sucks, though really beautiful :P ...

oh yeah...two-time gold medallist and probably the only beautiful german I've ever seen :P....you are no judge of figure skating dr H....so just swallow your tongue before I stick it on ice ...ouch....
"Oh what a beauteousness!"
- hobglobin, personal comment about my beauteous photo......

#77 hobglobin

hobglobin

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional...

• Global Moderators
  • 5,617 posts
Excellent

Posted 26 February 2010 - 02:22 PM

oh yeah...two-time gold medallist and probably the only beautiful german I've ever seen :P....you are no judge of figure skating dr H....so just swallow your tongue before I stick it on ice ...ouch....

Nope...I don't like so-called sports where artsy performance is evaluated...and every country votes for it's own and tries to drag down the others, just unfair :P ...and the athletes or performers have to use more and more silly ideas to stand out from the usual crowd...all the images show it and also the video in this thread, nabi posted...

A single lie is reproachable; a million lies is a statistic.
D. J. T.

#78 casandra

casandra

• Global Moderators
  • 5,035 posts
Excellent

Posted 26 February 2010 - 02:30 PM

Nope...I don't like so-called sports where artsy performance is evaluated...and every country votes for it's own and tries to drag down the others, just unfair :P ...and the athletes or performers have to use more and more silly ideas to stand out from the usual crowd...all the images show it and also the video in this thread, nabi posted...

but that's why it's called figure skating and ice dancing- there'd be artsiness involved which can only be judged by others qualified to do so....but I think that the olympics have already come a long way from ""cooking the goose" in the olden times....more people are savvy and even the audience will already recognise what a good or sucky performance is...you can't eliminate the human element from this- that's why they're different from the other swifter, stronger, faster, higher sports- and that's not a bad thing I think...

#79 hobglobin

hobglobin

• Global Moderators
  • 5,617 posts
Excellent

Posted 26 February 2010 - 02:36 PM

but that's why it's called figure skating and ice dancing- there'd be artsiness involved which can only be judged by others qualified to do so....but I think that the olympics have already come a long way from ""cooking the goose" in the olden times....more people are savvy and even the audience will already recognise what a good or sucky performance is...you can't eliminate the human element from this- that's why they're different from the other swifter, stronger, faster, higher sports- and that's not a bad thing I think...

Unfortunately the others are not qualified....and the dancers have their own way to be stronger, faster, swifter, i.e. more and more complicated loop jumps, compulsory figures (and questionable ideas and dresses) :P

D. J. T.

#80 casandra

casandra

• Global Moderators
  • 5,035 posts
Excellent

Posted 26 February 2010 - 02:47 PM

Unfortunately the others are not qualified....and the dancers have their own way to be stronger, faster, swifter, i.e. more and more complicated loop jumps, compulsory figures (and questionable ideas and dresses) :P

but that's why- a combination of art and athletics....or artistic expression and technical execution...so it's not that bad for a sports...

#81 hobglobin

hobglobin

• Global Moderators
  • 5,617 posts
Excellent

Posted 27 February 2010 - 10:32 AM

Canadians are strange, have a look how they make their medal count:

medals1.jpg
Canada = 3rd place

in Germany we do it this way:

medals2.jpg
Canada = 1st place
Looks better.... ;)

...and finally I start to like snowboarding: in the US, the ski resort Breckenridge, CO legalised marijuana (the private possession of up to one ounce that is), presumably for the many snowboarders there... :lol:

Edited by hobglobin, 27 February 2010 - 10:46 AM.

D. J. T.

#82 casandra

casandra

• Global Moderators
  • 5,035 posts
Excellent

Posted 27 February 2010 - 11:56 AM

oh, but I really like this German system of medal counting....besides, who better to believe than this land of Gauss, Leibniz and Kepler etc. :lol:...we're numero UNO....

and now, we've added 3 more golds.....;)

mens curling

speedskating mens pursuit

and The Man Jasey-Jay Anderson in snowboarding parallel giant slalom

Edited by casandra, 27 February 2010 - 09:49 PM.

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.