• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

unfair means of evaluation

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 toejam

toejam

Guitar Hero

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts
Good

Posted 04 February 2010 - 05:28 AM

hi guys,

i just need to rant for a while. i find it very frustrating and unfair that i have to write a full experimental chapter (at least a draft) to be fully considered as a phd student, this after a one hour meeting with my project, when he decided it that for me, whereas most of the other students only had a little chat (~20 min) with their project supporters and were upgraded immediately, ie, no need to write a full chapter, or paper draft or anything like that.

rubbish.....
"When there's no more room in hell the dead will walk the Earth"

#2 casandra

casandra

carpe diem by the jugulum

• Global Moderators
  • 5,035 posts
Excellent

Posted 04 February 2010 - 07:59 AM

hi guys,

i just need to rant for a while. i find it very frustrating and unfair that i have to write a full experimental chapter (at least a draft) to be fully considered as a phd student, this after a one hour meeting with my project, when he decided it that for me, whereas most of the other students only had a little chat (~20 min) with their project supporters and were upgraded immediately, ie, no need to write a full chapter, or paper draft or anything like that.

rubbish.....

yup, totally rubbish (oh how british) hombre :P ....but you can look at it the other way--you get to polish up your writing skills plus you can razzle-dazzle your project supervisor with your superexcellent experimental draft (whatever that means ;)) and you can show him that you're up to the task...so you have to plod on....no means to escape an unjust universe and Plato's pain (remember all our discussions about this?)...and if you need more cheering-up...you know where to find us...meanwhile, prepare that draft.....

Edited by casandra, 04 February 2010 - 08:11 AM.

"Oh what a beauteousness!"
- hobglobin, personal comment about my beauteous photo......

#3 gebirgsziege

gebirgsziege

I like fungi

• Active Members
  • 392 posts
Excellent

Posted 04 February 2010 - 09:50 AM

Sounds weired to me.....and on top to what was said already (I cannot top the eloquent writing of our Canadian prophet :P)...I usually do a kind of drafting to get my work coordinated ;) so maybe you can see the good side of the writing? So go for a cold beer you deserve it boy!!!
A man cannot be too careful in the choice of his enemies. (Oscar Wilde)

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.