• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

WhAt If ???!!!

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#61 Adrian K

Adrian K

Legendary Graduate Beggar

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts
Excellent

Posted 13 January 2011 - 10:11 AM

what if I can manage to screen out the lectins for my bacteria...?
Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are a good person is like expecting the lion not to attack you because you are a vegetarian.

..."best of our knowledge, as far as we know this had never been reported before, though I can't possible read all the published journals on earth, but by perform thorough search in google, the keywords did not match any documents"...

"what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger"---Goddess Casandra reminds me to be strong

"It's all just DNA. Do it."---phage434

#62 Maddie

Maddie

Veteran

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts
Neutral

Posted 09 February 2011 - 04:52 AM

What if we had an android robot who would do all the lab work, including extractions, make and run a gel, etc..

you loose your job. ha haha they will hire the robots that works 24hr

Actually there are automated system for sale that can do all your cloning. From restriction digest, to gel extraction, to ligation, to electroporation, to colony picking, to growing the culture, to plasmid selection by RE digest, to large scale plasmid purification.

Luckily for us, one robot arm cost $50,000 and the entire maze of machines needed to do all this cost several million. We keep our job be cause we are about two to three orders of a magnitude cheaper.

Oh we have plenty of robots and we use them daily for optimized high throughput stuff. I am doing research ie-testing new stuff (protocols, reagents). No robot for that. But I'm not fair there, I am a lab rat and love being at the bench. :D

Hb, you give me chills...
What if 2011 is the best year ever?
Oops, sorry, got carried away here :P
Theory is when we know everything and nothing is working. Practice is when everything is working and nobody knows why. Here, we combine theory and practice. Nothing is working and nobody knows why.

A. Einstein

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.