• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

Tris solution yellow?!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 hanming86

hanming86

Veteran

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts
Neutral

Posted 30 January 2010 - 03:59 AM

Hey guys ,

i have been looking through the tris powder in my lab. particularly those from a particular manufacturer. it appears that the tris powder itself is somewhat yellowish.

an undergrad student make a 50X tae buffer with it and holy smoke, the whole buffer is yellowish...

should that be a concern?

is there any explaination to why the tris powder is yellowish. as far as i am concerned it should be white.
Lab + Coffee + Music = Bliss

#2 newbie99

newbie99

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
Neutral

Posted 30 January 2010 - 10:55 AM

Hey guys ,

i have been looking through the tris powder in my lab. particularly those from a particular manufacturer. it appears that the tris powder itself is somewhat yellowish.

an undergrad student make a 50X tae buffer with it and holy smoke, the whole buffer is yellowish...

should that be a concern?

is there any explaination to why the tris powder is yellowish. as far as i am concerned it should be white.

first read the MSDS that came with this chemical. anywhere mention "yellow crystal powder?" if not, contact the manufacturer or the company you ordered it from.

#3 mdfenko

mdfenko

an elder

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,765 posts
Excellent

Posted 01 February 2010 - 07:28 AM

the powder should not be yellow. it is contaminated. either you purchased a poor quality grade or it decomposed in storage. either way i would not trust it.

as newbie99 said, check the data sheet that came with it.
talent does what it can
genius does what it must
i do what i get paid to do

#4 arera

arera

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
Neutral

Posted 04 May 2010 - 08:48 PM

Please check the expiry date as well..

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.