• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

Hybridoma growth

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 fatemeh

fatemeh

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
Neutral

Posted 30 January 2010 - 03:48 AM

Hi everybody, facing a serious contamination in my lab, I add an antibiotic cocktail that my lab-mate(microbiologist) advised me, to my media , I could control the contamination but my hybridoma stop growing and during last 3weeks the viability decrease to 40-50% . Please help me,thank you

#2 mostafa

mostafa

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Neutral

Posted 30 January 2010 - 03:55 AM

hi
I think first find out where the contamination has come from. then thaw another stock if it is possible.
I think this the best.

#3 fatemeh

fatemeh

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
Neutral

Posted 30 January 2010 - 04:01 AM

hi
I think first find out where the contamination has come from. then thaw another stock if it is possible.
I think this the best.

Thank you for replying but I am out of stock by now and looking for a solution to keep my cell by increasing the growth rate. The contamination is not a problem now and its under control

#4 bob1

bob1

Thelymitra pulchella

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,674 posts
Excellent

Posted 31 January 2010 - 03:29 PM

What drugs are you using? If there are any anti-fungals (antimycotics) then these will be affecting your cells a lot, the only solutions to this are either (1) remove the antimycotics (best option); or (2) wait for the selection process from the antimycotics to finish and the surviving cells will be what you will have to work with.

#5 fatemeh

fatemeh

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
Neutral

Posted 31 January 2010 - 06:14 PM

What drugs are you using? If there are any anti-fungals (antimycotics) then these will be affecting your cells a lot, the only solutions to this are either (1) remove the antimycotics (best option); or (2) wait for the selection process from the antimycotics to finish and the surviving cells will be what you will have to work with.

Yes, it was anti-fungals. But since last 2 weeks I use antibiotic free media, I mean I omit any anti-fungal and antibacterial. I increase serum concentration but didn't work. The cells doesn't die fast but they stop growing too.Please advise me what else I can do to save my cell, thanks

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.