• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

ta cloning of pfu amplified fragment

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 sara.r

sara.r

sara.r

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 87 posts
Neutral

Posted 28 January 2010 - 06:34 AM

hi
I want to clone a pfu amplified fragment in T vector but I dont know if it is necessary to purify it before adding A overhangs or I can simply use pcr product for next step, In the latter case is there any probablity that pfu remove a overhangs by its exonuclease activity?

thanks in advance

#2 Eve

Eve

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Neutral

Posted 28 January 2010 - 07:24 AM

I would purify it first, but it was my understanding that PCR for TOPO cloning is performed with Taq which will add A overhangs on it's own with a high probability.

Next time PCR with Taq and you can eliminate a step in your process.

#3 bob1

bob1

Thelymitra pulchella

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,831 posts
Excellent

Posted 28 January 2010 - 03:10 PM

Continue to amplify with your proof reading polymerase. You should purify the product before adding the A overhangs as the pfu will remove them unless you go immediately onto the cloning step.

#4 sara.r

sara.r

sara.r

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 87 posts
Neutral

Posted 29 January 2010 - 05:42 AM

Continue to amplify with your proof reading polymerase. You should purify the product before adding the A overhangs as the pfu will remove them unless you go immediately onto the cloning step.

thanks for reply but how come in long pcr or high fidelity enzyme mixes that are mixture of tag and a proofreading enzyme we can use pcr product directly in t/a cloning? isnt there a risk of a overhang removal?

#5 gogreen

gogreen

Somewhere I belong

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 90 posts
Neutral

Posted 29 January 2010 - 11:34 AM

hi sara,

just saw this enzyme from stratagene...an enzyme like this might be of help...its a bit costly, but counting the cost of normal taq, a cleanup another enzyme for adelylation and the time taken, it might be helpful ! I am going to try one sooner or later.
http://www.stratagen...ct.aspx?pid=546

gg

Edited by gogreen, 29 January 2010 - 11:35 AM.

#6 klinmed

klinmed

Veteran

• Active Members
  • 209 posts
Neutral

Posted 29 January 2010 - 02:28 PM

hi
I want to clone a pfu amplified fragment in T vector but I dont know if it is necessary to purify it before adding A overhangs or I can simply use pcr product for next step, In the latter case is there any probablity that pfu remove a overhangs by its exonuclease activity?

thanks in advance

Amplify your fragment with a proof-reading polymerase (always a good idea). Purify using a kit (eg Qiagen PCR), then incubate at 72 oC with dNTP + taq for 20 mins. The extendase activity of taq will add the "As". Purify and ligate as normal.

Hope this helps.

#7 hanming86

hanming86

Veteran

• Active Members
  • 156 posts
Neutral

Posted 30 January 2010 - 03:57 AM

thanks for reply but how come in long pcr or high fidelity enzyme mixes that are mixture of tag and a proofreading enzyme we can use pcr product directly in t/a cloning? isnt there a risk of a overhang removal?

Well, in long PCR mix, the amount of proof reading polymerase is present in quite small amount. even if it removes it , the dominant Taq will add it back and there might be those without tail but perhaps at very minute amount.
Lab + Coffee + Music = Bliss

#8 Biocat

Biocat

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Neutral

Posted 19 April 2010 - 07:04 AM

hi

thanks in advance

Amplify your fragment with a proof-reading polymerase (always a good idea). Purify using a kit (eg Qiagen PCR), then incubate at 72 oC with dNTP + taq for 20 mins. The extendase activity of taq will add the "As". Purify and ligate as normal.

Hope this helps.

But for my case, i failed to amply my gene with proof-reading polymerase (Roche high fidelity PCR master and pfu), so i just can amply gene with Taq enzyme, do you think i still can use optimize parameters to amply my gene with proof reading polymearse?
Many thanx in advance!

#9 bob1

bob1

Thelymitra pulchella

• Global Moderators
  • 5,831 posts
Excellent

Posted 19 April 2010 - 04:15 PM

Both of the polymerases you mention should work if Taq does - what are your amplification conditions?

#10 molstudent

molstudent

Enthusiast

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31 posts
Neutral

Posted 19 April 2010 - 09:41 PM

Well, in long PCR mix, the amount of proof reading polymerase is present in quite small amount. even if it removes it , the dominant Taq will add it back and there might be those without tail but perhaps at very minute amount.

This is true, from the invitrogen topo ta manual it says

"If you wish to use a mixture containing Taq polymerase and a proofreading polymerase, Taq must be used in excess of a 10:1 ratio to ensure the presence of 3 ́ A-overhangs on the PCR product."

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.