• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

restriction digestion of PCR product

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 maxmix

maxmix

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Neutral

Posted 12 January 2010 - 02:36 AM

can one explane to me how to do restriction enzyme for PCR product by MnlI (biolab). I used: PCR product 10ul, 10x buffer:2ul, MnlI:1ul, water:17ul,,at 37C for 3hr but was bad???
another question I had faint DNA after agarose gel how to improve,, I used 150ng DNA. the primer was 20pmol,Mgcl:2.5Mm.
thank you all. :P

#2 almost a doctor

almost a doctor

Veteran

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts
Good

Posted 12 January 2010 - 02:57 AM

can one explane to me how to do restriction enzyme for PCR product by MnlI (biolab). I used: PCR product 10ul, 10x buffer:2ul, MnlI:1ul, water:17ul,,at 37C for 3hr but was bad???
another question I had faint DNA after agarose gel how to improve,, I used 150ng DNA. the primer was 20pmol,Mgcl:2.5Mm.
thank you all. :P

Hi, for your restricition digest you are not adding enough 10x Buffer as your final volume is 30ul and you are only adding 2ul of buffer.

for your second question; I'm going to assume you are talking PCR, we need more details to help you.

cheers

#3 phage434

phage434

Veteran

• Global Moderators
  • 2,503 posts
Excellent

Posted 12 January 2010 - 07:32 AM

Have you purified your pcr product prior to digestion?

#4 microgirl

microgirl

Veteran

• Active Members
  • 122 posts
Neutral

Posted 12 January 2010 - 09:01 AM

Clean your PCR product and quantify it before you digest. Then check out the recommendations on the directions of your enzyme - you need an excess of enzyme over DNA but too much enzyme is bad too. As someone pointed out you also didn't add enough buffer - or you added to much water. Adding BSA (which probably came with your enzyme) also can help your digest.

#5 maxmix

maxmix

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Neutral

Posted 12 January 2010 - 09:15 PM

Clean your PCR product and quantify it before you digest. Then check out the recommendations on the directions of your enzyme - you need an excess of enzyme over DNA but too much enzyme is bad too. As someone pointed out you also didn't add enough buffer - or you added to much water. Adding BSA (which probably came with your enzyme) also can help your digest.

hummm that is why,,i will try to add BSA.thank u so much

#6 maxmix

maxmix

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Neutral

Posted 12 January 2010 - 09:16 PM

Have you purified your pcr product prior to digestion?

yes I did. but maybe the buffer is not enough..thank u.

#7 maxmix

maxmix

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Neutral

Posted 12 January 2010 - 09:20 PM

thank you all. :D

Hi, for your restricition digest you are not adding enough 10x Buffer as your final volume is 30ul and you are only adding 2ul of buffer.

for your second question; I'm going to assume you are talking PCR, we need more details to help you.

cheers

oh, I will try to add more buffer, because I followed the Fermentase,sdn,phd. company protocol. 2nd Q: I am amplifying gene from human blood sample, the product was faint after agarose gel, is it because of the primer quantity, 20pmol???

#8 phage434

phage434

Veteran

• Global Moderators
  • 2,503 posts
Excellent

Posted 13 January 2010 - 05:45 AM

1) Do you still have DNA in your sample after pcr cleanup? Can you run a lane next to your digestion?
2) What do you mean when you say it "was bad"? It failed to cut? It was invisible? Cut at the wrong place?

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.