• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

Cell proliferation assay for LNCaP cells

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 sheebs

sheebs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Neutral

Posted 06 January 2010 - 11:42 PM

Hi,

I need to do cell proliferation assay for LNCaP cells after stimulation with androgen. The protocol I follow is I grow the cells in 96 well plate in 10% complete medium for 48 hrs. then remove the medium, give a PBS rinse of the plate and then add medium with 2% charcoal stripped serum. After adding medium I stimulate with different doses of androgen. However, the problem is, since LNCaP cells are loosely adherent cells, they tend to come out when I aspirate medium or rinse with PBS. They also come out when I add fresh medium with 2% CS FBS. As a result, the cell number varies.. which in turn will give me a wrong cell proliferation index. IF somebody cud help me on this topic..

Edited by sheebs, 07 January 2010 - 12:41 AM.

#2 bob1

bob1

Thelymitra pulchella

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
Excellent

Posted 07 January 2010 - 03:22 PM

try coating the plate with a cell attachment factor such as collagen (gelatin) or fibronectin.

#3 shuiyi

shuiyi

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Neutral

Posted 09 January 2010 - 09:29 PM

i usually use polylysine to precoat the plate, and this maybe help some.

http://www.genlantis..... Protocol.pdf

Edited by shuiyi, 09 January 2010 - 09:32 PM.

#4 isabellaweng

isabellaweng

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Neutral

Posted 29 August 2010 - 05:21 PM

Hi,

I need to do cell proliferation assay for LNCaP cells after stimulation with androgen. The protocol I follow is I grow the cells in 96 well plate in 10% complete medium for 48 hrs. then remove the medium, give a PBS rinse of the plate and then add medium with 2% charcoal stripped serum. After adding medium I stimulate with different doses of androgen. However, the problem is, since LNCaP cells are loosely adherent cells, they tend to come out when I aspirate medium or rinse with PBS. They also come out when I add fresh medium with 2% CS FBS. As a result, the cell number varies.. which in turn will give me a wrong cell proliferation index. IF somebody cud help me on this topic..

Hi, Sheebs, have you solved your problem about lncap cells? I am doing experiments using lncap cells too, I faced the same problem as you, but I did it very carefully, the variation seems OK, but the effect of DHT is not so significant after 72hrs treatment(I use DHT as a postive control), how you did your experiment? what's your effect looks like? maybe we can exchange our opinions on lncap cells, what do you think?

#5 liezl

liezl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Neutral

Posted 08 May 2013 - 05:25 AM

years later and I have the same questions...did you succeed? :)

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.