• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

software for plasmid drawing

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 lufang

lufang

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
Neutral

Posted 05 January 2010 - 11:49 AM

For the publication, the plasmid should be drawn as EPS format. i'd like to ask which kind of software usually is used for this purpose? Thanks in advance.

#2 pcrman

pcrman

Epigenetist

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,165 posts
Excellent

Posted 05 January 2010 - 12:26 PM

You can export vector map from Vector NTI to adobe illustrator, the most sophisticated vector graphics editor.

#3 lufang

lufang

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
Neutral

Posted 06 January 2010 - 12:13 AM

i didn't have this software :P

#4 Mazhar Hussain

Mazhar Hussain

Virion

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
Neutral

Posted 08 January 2010 - 05:42 AM

i didn't have this software :)

Dear!
No software is required...
U can go for this link...
Paste your sequence and Draw Plasmid map

http://wishart.biolo...pper/index.html
Mazhar Hussain
Microbiology & Molecular Genetics
FaceBook Group: Microbiology On-Line

#5 molgen

molgen

Veteran

• Active Members
  • 167 posts
Neutral

Posted 10 January 2010 - 04:52 AM

You can use pDRAW32 or GENtle or plasmid processor.
All of wich are freeware

Edited by molgen, 10 January 2010 - 04:53 AM.

#6 peng_sand

peng_sand

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Neutral

Posted 01 February 2010 - 03:40 AM

hi friends,
I am new to R.I would like to know R-PLUS.Does any know where can I get the free training for R-PLUS.

Regards,
Peng.

#7 bglick

bglick

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
Neutral

Posted 27 April 2012 - 02:48 PM

Try SnapGene Viewer:

http://www.snapgene....napgene_viewer/

It's free, and you can export the plasmid maps in many different formats.

#8 bob1

bob1

Thelymitra pulchella

• Global Moderators
  • 6,251 posts
Excellent

Posted 27 April 2012 - 06:29 PM

I use ApE (a plasmid editor) freeware from here to make the images and then export in eps format.

#9 lyok

lyok

Veteran

• Active Members
  • 209 posts
Neutral

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:59 AM

I use ApE (a plasmid editor) freeware from here to make the images and then export in eps format.

Dear bob1 do you know how you can simply enter a "fake" plasmid with only certain restriction sites/genes?
For example: I only know 3 genes that are on the plasmid and 10 restriction enzymes , for the rest I know nothing about the sequence of the plasmid itself.
So how can I create this kind of plasmid? I cant seem to find how this works.

#10 bob1

bob1

Thelymitra pulchella

• Global Moderators
  • 6,251 posts
Excellent

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:41 PM

Just get random sequence from anywhere (even create it yourself by using repeats) make sure that it is roughly the right size. Add your genes of interest/restriction sites, select them and then add them as features or use the restriction site tool to highlight the RE sites then draw the map...

#11 lyok

lyok

Veteran

• Active Members
  • 209 posts
Neutral

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:35 AM

Just get random sequence from anywhere (even create it yourself by using repeats) make sure that it is roughly the right size. Add your genes of interest/restriction sites, select them and then add them as features or use the restriction site tool to highlight the RE sites then draw the map...

ok, I see.
There is no option thus to generate random sequence with ape itself then.

I'll do it like that.

#12 BMF

BMF

Veteran

• Active Members
  • 167 posts
Good

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:53 PM

http://sites.google....eebookmarksorg/

http://babakmemari.w...lysis-software/

http://www.mybiosoftware.com/

#13 branthackett

branthackett

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Neutral

Posted 19 September 2014 - 08:42 AM

Gene Construction Kit® (GCK) is a useful tool for plasmid mapping, cloning simulation, and DNA analysis. It has been consistently reviewed as being one of the easiest to use applications for simulating multi-step cloning operations, and offers extensive flexibility in the graphical formatting of DNA sequences - and - generating those colorful, customized plasmid maps seen in publications (sample attached). You can easily copy and paste grapical maps from GCK to image editing programs, or even create hi-res PDF (Mac) or XPS (Win) exports from within the program. It's been around since the mid-90's, and was one of, if not "the very first software" for performing these types of graphical manipulations of DNA sequence data.

More information, and a free demo version is available from the website: http://www.textco.com

Check it out!

Attached Thumbnails

• Gene Construction Kit Sample.png

Edited by branthackett, 19 September 2014 - 08:42 AM.

#14 vladCH

vladCH

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Neutral

Posted 02 April 2016 - 10:39 AM

Warning: mb_substr_count() expects at most 3 parameters, 4 given in /home/protocol/public_html/forums/admin/sources/classes/text/parser/bbcode/defaults.php on line 1269

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/protocol/public_html/forums/admin/sources/classes/text/parser/bbcode/defaults.php:1269) in /home/protocol/public_html/forums/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 323

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/protocol/public_html/forums/admin/sources/classes/text/parser/bbcode/defaults.php:1269) in /home/protocol/public_html/forums/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 326

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/protocol/public_html/forums/admin/sources/classes/text/parser/bbcode/defaults.php:1269) in /home/protocol/public_html/forums/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 327

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/protocol/public_html/forums/admin/sources/classes/text/parser/bbcode/defaults.php:1269) in /home/protocol/public_html/forums/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328

Dear bob1 do you know how you can simply enter a "fake" plasmid with only certain restriction sites/genes?
For example: I only know 3 genes that are on the plasmid and 10 restriction enzymes , for the rest I know nothing about the sequence of the plasmid itself.
So how can I create this kind of plasmid? I cant seem to find how this works.

Hi, you can generate a random sequence of the required length using Random Sequence Generator and paste it into the WebDSV DNA sequence editor. Then add some "mock" genes and restriction sites to the required positions and let the program generate a plasmid map (click the "map" button). Then you can right-click the map and save it as a png file.

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.