Sodium Hypochlorite to kill bacteria
Posted 30 December 2009 - 03:27 AM
I know there are varying ideas on what should be done to dispose of bacterial cultures. I've been in a lab where they autoclave and pour down the sink, alt. I've heard of labs using bleach to kill bacteria and then pouring down the sink.
Just trying to get a feel for the % one might use to kill the critters before pouring it down the sink?
Thanks, pretty simple question but hmmm not much out there on the web.
Posted 30 December 2009 - 05:29 AM
But i would not recommend it to do it that way ...every lab has an autoclave somewhere. Hypochlorit can be dangerous when it desintegrates ...or there is even the threat of explosions (e.g. reactions with methanol that some people use for the induction of yeast cultures!).
So be careful
Posted 30 December 2009 - 06:11 AM
Posted 30 December 2009 - 07:32 AM
Posted 31 December 2009 - 12:40 AM
Posted 05 January 2010 - 10:19 AM
Posted 05 January 2010 - 02:28 PM