• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

Need help to be inspired by research

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 scgradstudent

scgradstudent

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
Neutral

Posted 15 December 2009 - 11:27 AM

Hi,

Thanks for reading. I'm a graduate student in the field of Microbial Ecology. My lab mainly focuses on bacteria in Salt Marshes on the east coast of the United States, and the relationship between bacteria and salt marsh plants. My current project has failed and I need to start something new, but I don't really feel inspired to do anything right now. I was wondering if anyone knew of any helpful books/websites/etc where I can get information from. I would also like some ideas on books about Microbial Ecology in general. Thanks!

#2 aimikins

aimikins

Sunflower

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts
Neutral

Posted 15 December 2009 - 04:13 PM

this may not be what you're looking for, but I think the best inspiration in this time of high unemployment would be to go watch the lines form at the soup kitchen....

as a start, though, why are you doing what you're doing? no one out there can help you come up with your question (project), but you should already know or feel why you want to do the work, you know? if you're not passionate about salt marshes, go study bioremediation to clean up toxins, or something else...?

honestly, no matter what your job or how long you've been there, everyone goes through slumps. just remind yourself why you went into this in the first place and times will get better!
"it is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education" -A.E.

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.