• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo

FUNGI SILENCING

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 k0k0

k0k0

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Neutral

Posted 10 December 2009 - 12:23 PM

HI...I NEED PROTOCOLS TO TRANSFORM FUNGI CELLS...I HAVE A pSILENT VECTOR...BUT I HAVE SOME TROUBLES TO TRANSFORM ESPORES WITH A ELECTROPORATION PROTOCOL....SOMEONE HAVE A DETAIL PROTOCOL FOR TRANSFORMATION FUNGI CELLS?....I NEED TO KNOW SOME DETAILS LIKE IF THE VECTOR WAS LINEAR OR WITHOUT DIGESTION BEFORE THE TRANFORMATION EVENT :S THING LIKE THAT....DETAIL PLEASE :D

#2 miRNA man

miRNA man

Enthusiast

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 73 posts
Neutral

Posted 11 December 2009 - 06:39 AM

You might try asking your question in the microbiology section also. And please, don't SHOUT :-)

#3 HerrMüller

HerrMüller

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Neutral

Posted 25 December 2009 - 04:28 AM

First of all, I transformed sucsessfully two lines with pSilent-1 using protoplast transformation mediated by PEG.
If you're working in a fungal genetic lab, you should have a established procedure of transformation. If not, i advised you to start with something easier that transforming an siRNA vector without homology.
Normally we ecise the product for ko-vectors. In this case you have to linearise the vector backbone and pray. It works for me, but got a huge number of varying phenotypes. If i remeber correct there should be an SpeI site for linearization.
I don't know what you're target gene is, but hopefully something which you can easily detect. (Colour, Fluoresence, Morphology.....)

Recentyl i tried transformation without circular plasmid and got zero transformants.

With best regars

Müller

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.