• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Removing phosphates

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Gonzo

Gonzo

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Neutral

Posted 10 December 2009 - 04:50 AM

Hi, there!

I would like to know if anybody has tried to remove phosphate postranslational modifications in proteins. Till now I just knew lambda phosphatase method. Moreover, I'm trying to use lysis bufffer without phosphatase inhibitors (NaF and Vanadate, for example). I think I read sometime ago something at this respect about EDTA. Maybe somebody knows an special buffer which impairs phosphorylation... Does anybody have an idea?

Thanks very much!

#2 laurequillo

laurequillo

The Goddamn Batman!

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts
Neutral

Posted 11 December 2009 - 02:53 AM

EDTA is known to inhibit metalloproteases. May also chelate ions that are co-factors of certain enzymes (For example If you are gonna use CIP you should avoid EDTA in your buffer).

Maybe you can try to use just PBS and NP40 (0.1-1%) (without any phosphatase inhibitor NaF, Sodium orthovanadate, EDTA...)

Edited by laurequillo, 11 December 2009 - 02:55 AM.

"He must be very ignorant for he answers every question he is asked" Voltaire

"This is SPARTA!"

"Im the goddamn batman"

#3 Gonzo

Gonzo

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Neutral

Posted 11 December 2009 - 04:00 AM

Thanks, quiyo.

EDTA is known to inhibit metalloproteases. May also chelate ions that are co-factors of certain enzymes (For example If you are gonna use CIP you should avoid EDTA in your buffer).

Maybe you can try to use just PBS and NP40 (0.1-1%) (without any phosphatase inhibitor NaF, Sodium orthovanadate, EDTA...)

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.