• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

enzymatic digestion

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 helene

helene

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Neutral

Posted 05 April 2002 - 11:25 PM

hi! I'm trying to digest a RTPCR product with 2 restriction enzyme but I'don't have any good results : on 2% agarose gel, I can see some expected bands but not all of this (2100,647,347,268,247,180 pdb). Furthemore the fluorescence is weak despite of a good coloration in BE and of use of a great amount of RTPCR product. Before the digestion, I purify the product with a Quiakit pcr purification kit. The time of incubation is 2h30 (37°C).

Do you have a solution for this problem?

Thank you!

Hélène

#2 franck

franck

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
Neutral

Posted 09 April 2002 - 07:06 AM

Are you sure of your kit? Is it really a good one, or is it really necessayr, because i have the feeling that kit catches a part of your sample.

#3 AronD

AronD

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Neutral

Posted 09 April 2002 - 10:50 AM

helene,

Have you tried using BSE in the RE buffer?  I know that it sometimes helps if the enzymes aren't cutting.  The other thing to try is spermidine, but I would try the BSE first.  You may also want to try incubating overnight to make sure that the cDNA is cutting fully.  Good luck!

#4 AronD

AronD

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Neutral

Posted 11 April 2002 - 05:15 AM

Helene,

Seems I have cow diseases on the mind.  I should have written BSA (bovine serum albumin) not BSE.  Sorry about the confusion.

Aron

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.