• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

multiplex PCR

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 icarus.rachel

icarus.rachel

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Neutral

Posted 30 November 2009 - 11:55 PM

Hi all,

It is about running the multiplex PCR. When I did the PCR separately, the band can be run individually. However, when I mix two primers set together, and half the total vol.. I cannot see any bands in the gel. Could you please offer any suggestions so that to improve? Thank you. :P

#2 Adrian K

Adrian K

Legendary Graduate Beggar

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts
Excellent

Posted 01 December 2009 - 12:16 AM

Hi all,

It is about running the multiplex PCR. When I did the PCR separately, the band can be run individually. However, when I mix two primers set together, and half the total vol.. I cannot see any bands in the gel. Could you please offer any suggestions so that to improve? Thank you. :P

Did your primers self-binding together? (Primer Dimer)
Tell us more of your protocol so that we can help you more...
Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are a good person is like expecting the lion not to attack you because you are a vegetarian.

..."best of our knowledge, as far as we know this had never been reported before, though I can't possible read all the published journals on earth, but by perform thorough search in google, the keywords did not match any documents"...

"what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger"---Goddess Casandra reminds me to be strong

"It's all just DNA. Do it."---phage434

#3 Maddie

Maddie

Veteran

• Active Members
  • 289 posts
Neutral

Posted 01 December 2009 - 08:31 AM

Tell us also what the annealing temperature was for each primer and the one you used with your duplex.
Theory is when we know everything and nothing is working. Practice is when everything is working and nobody knows why. Here, we combine theory and practice. Nothing is working and nobody knows why.

A. Einstein

#4 icarus.rachel

icarus.rachel

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Neutral

Posted 01 December 2009 - 07:54 PM

Hi all,

It is about running the multiplex PCR. When I did the PCR separately, the band can be run individually. However, when I mix two primers set together, and half the total vol.. I cannot see any bands in the gel. Could you please offer any suggestions so that to improve? Thank you. B)

Did your primers self-binding together? (Primer Dimer)
Tell us more of your protocol so that we can help you more...

I got the primers, 402bp (Tm: 66-77C), 308bp (Tm: 76C) & 245bp (Tm: 77C). with annealing 58C for 30s (according to protocol).
If I decrease the annealing temp, how low should i adjust?
if i decrease PCR primer & increase the template? but they work when do it in separate.
what about increase MgCl?

Thank you very much in advance.

Edited by icarus.rachel, 01 December 2009 - 07:58 PM.

#5 Adrian K

Adrian K

Legendary Graduate Beggar

• Global Moderators
  • 712 posts
Excellent

Posted 02 December 2009 - 06:36 AM

Dear icarus.rachel,

From what you mention, I suggest you don't cut down the concentration for each primers, add DMSO and do a gradient PCR. Make sure your total primers concentration is not more than 2mM.
Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are a good person is like expecting the lion not to attack you because you are a vegetarian.

..."best of our knowledge, as far as we know this had never been reported before, though I can't possible read all the published journals on earth, but by perform thorough search in google, the keywords did not match any documents"...

"what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger"---Goddess Casandra reminds me to be strong

"It's all just DNA. Do it."---phage434

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.