• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

cell migration assay (corning transwell)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 stanley

stanley

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Neutral

Posted 26 November 2009 - 06:36 PM

I'm planning a cell migration experiment with Costar transwell plate and measure the migrated cells (haemopoietic cells in the lower chambers by PI stain. I just wonder if anyone has tried to measure the cells which may attach to the membrane (? using trypsin or cell scrapper). I'd be grateful very much for any comment and advice. Thanks.

#2 bob1

bob1

Thelymitra pulchella

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,668 posts
Excellent

Posted 29 November 2009 - 04:15 PM

I haven't tried it, but you could probably stain the cells on the membrane suing something like crystal violet and visualise them that way.

#3 stanley

stanley

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Neutral

Posted 18 December 2009 - 05:42 AM

Thanks. Actually I have tried fixation of transwell membrane and stained with DAPI. But it didn't work. I have emailed the Corning technical support and they suggest to try cell dissociation solution to detach the cells from membrane. I just wonder whether anyone has experience in using this solution.

I haven't tried it, but you could probably stain the cells on the membrane suing something like crystal violet and visualise them that way.

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.