• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

how to explore protein interactions

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bobsong

bobsong

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Neutral

Posted 24 November 2009 - 06:57 PM

Previous studys have shown that protein A and B located on ER membrane. Now I want to test whether, after treatment of a hormone, protein A will upregulate the activity of protein B by modifying it.

But I don't know how to do it. I'd appreciate your kind advice very much!

#2 Vini

Vini

Veteran

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts
Neutral

Posted 24 November 2009 - 10:16 PM

hey, what is the type of modification that you are looking for? Could you give in more details??

#3 bobsong

bobsong

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Neutral

Posted 26 November 2009 - 01:08 AM

hey, what is the type of modification that you are looking for? Could you give in more details??

I'm actually not sure about the existence of such modification. I predict there might be certain interaction between the two proteins on the ER membrane, based on some physiological phenomena. Phosphorylation perhaps, but i can't rule out other possibilities.

looking forward to your advice! thanks.

Edited by bobsong, 26 November 2009 - 01:11 AM.

#4 Vini

Vini

Veteran

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts
Neutral

Posted 26 November 2009 - 01:31 AM

I'm actually not sure about the existence of such modification. I predict there might be certain interaction between the two proteins on the ER membrane, based on some physiological phenomena. Phosphorylation perhaps, but i can't rule out other possibilities.

looking forward to your advice! thanks.

Hi, If I were in your place, I guess I would first look for protein homologies.......do a blast search....try to figure oyt putative domains........n lets say Phosphoryaltion is what u r looking for, then first put up an in vitro assay to establish this produc-substrate relationship. If this works out.........go for in vivo tests with radiolabeled phosphate to see increase in incorporation of phosphate in response to hormone...........of course, this is a rough sketch....hope this can act as a primer.......all the best

Edited by DRN, 26 November 2009 - 01:32 AM.

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.