• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

qestion about sequencing

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 selaphiel

selaphiel

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Neutral

Posted 17 November 2009 - 12:47 PM

Hi,

First sorry if it's not the proper place to post this but I didn't know where to put it so...
My question is, when you send samples to sequence, they always ask for the kind of vector you used. Why?
I mean, I'm sending them my plasmid, and the primers so why do they need to know what kind of vector I used?

I'm asking because one of the student made a mistake and didn't write down the right vector. So is it really important? Does she absolutely need to change it or should it be ok?

thanks

#2 Maddie

Maddie

Veteran

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts
Neutral

Posted 17 November 2009 - 03:56 PM

Can't you just call the company and make sure they use your primers?
Theory is when we know everything and nothing is working. Practice is when everything is working and nobody knows why. Here, we combine theory and practice. Nothing is working and nobody knows why.

A. Einstein

#3 Feelcontraire

Feelcontraire

Enthusiast

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 57 posts
Neutral

Posted 18 November 2009 - 02:41 AM

Hi,

First sorry if it's not the proper place to post this but I didn't know where to put it so...
My question is, when you send samples to sequence, they always ask for the kind of vector you used. Why?
I mean, I'm sending them my plasmid, and the primers so why do they need to know what kind of vector I used?

I'm asking because one of the student made a mistake and didn't write down the right vector. So is it really important? Does she absolutely need to change it or should it be ok?

thanks

Well, I don't really know but it seems that they may use the vector type to cleave and/or start sequencing the dna at a concrete site or as a sequencing control.

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.