• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

stupid question on cloning

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 lna

lna

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
Neutral

Posted 13 November 2009 - 05:05 AM

Hi everyone!
I assume that my question may sound weird.
But when you need to express some protein in eukaryotic cells (by transfecting them with the plasmid) - how do you clone the gene into your plasmid?
Do you take the WHOLE sequence of cDNA from gene bank to insert into the MCS of the vector or you can amplify just the part of it (making sure that it contains tha CODING sequence for the protein)?
;)

#2 elpollodiablo

elpollodiablo

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
Neutral

Posted 13 November 2009 - 05:29 AM

Hi everyone!
But when you need to express some protein in eukaryotic cells (by transfecting them with the plasmid) - how do you clone the gene into your plasmid?
Do you take the WHOLE sequence of cDNA from gene bank to insert into the MCS of the vector or you can amplify just the part of it (making sure that it contains tha CODING sequence for the protein)?
;)

You just need the coding sequence to express the protein.

#3 lna

lna

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
Neutral

Posted 13 November 2009 - 06:47 AM

Hi everyone!
;)

You just need the coding sequence to express the protein.

oh, may be I'm not that hopeless..
thanks!

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.