• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

alleles studies

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 canar09

canar09

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Neutral

Posted 12 November 2009 - 06:17 AM

HI

I don't know if here is the correct place to post this.....
I am supposed to study the existence of a new allele in plants....but I am new in this and I am not sure how do I start. (not much help from PI...) I would really apreciatte if you can give me any advice, paper or book to read about it. I don't know what kind of experiments you do to determine weather it is or not a new allele...... B)

thanks a lot

#2 canar09

canar09

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Neutral

Posted 12 November 2009 - 08:55 AM

I think I can sequence it and do some complementation...but will that be enough? B)

HI

I don't know if here is the correct place to post this.....
I am supposed to study the existence of a new allele in plants....but I am new in this and I am not sure how do I start. (not much help from PI...) I would really apreciatte if you can give me any advice, paper or book to read about it. I don't know what kind of experiments you do to determine weather it is or not a new allele...... :(

thanks a lot

#3 bob1

bob1

Thelymitra pulchella

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,242 posts
Excellent

Posted 12 November 2009 - 03:35 PM

Sequencing is a start, you could also do some breeding of the plants and see if it is assorting with the other allele(s) as it should.

#4 Serkan

Serkan

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Neutral

Posted 13 November 2009 - 03:15 PM

Hi
i am not working plant genetics, but i know something about molecular biology methods.maybe you can do some works as kinship marker in plant systematics :) I have some friends working on this issue that you say. If you need help at any time I can establish the connection between you and them. okay! furthermore I will forward this matter to them :)

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.