• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

5-azacytidine

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 SF_HK

SF_HK

Veteran

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts
Neutral

Posted 06 November 2009 - 09:11 PM

Hi,

I have to make up 500um stock concentration of 5-azacytidine. Now, its come in a lyophilized form and it says (50X), FW 244.21. Can someone assist me in teh caculations pls.

#2 SF_HK

SF_HK

Veteran

• Active Members
  • 194 posts
Neutral

Posted 06 November 2009 - 09:28 PM

Hi,

I have to make up 500um stock concentration of 5-azacytidine (sigma). Now, its come in a lyophilized form and it says (50X), FW 244.21. Can someone assist me in teh caculations pls.

Sorry, I'll clarify myself further.

The bottle says 50X and the manual says: "add 10ml sterile culture medium. The working concentration is 10 μM, so the 50X stock is 500 μM"

After I add the 10ml autoclaved PBS, do I hate to filter sterilize it further? I will ahve to aliquot the stock at keep in -20deg

#3 Prep!

Prep!

Am I me???!!!

• Active Members
  • 517 posts
Neutral

Posted 06 November 2009 - 11:13 PM

well i think autoclaving is enough.. but if u still feel the need to fileter it u can do so before or after... but in the laminar to maintain the asceptic conditions!!!
Also irs better to aliquot and store it in the mentioned temperature (if its -20 then tere) as repeated freeze thaw nmight also disturb the stability of the molecule!!
Best luck!!!
Support bacteria - They are the only culture some people have!!!
Cheers!!!

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.