• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

Primer optimization for ChIP

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 pthomp

pthomp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Neutral

Posted 05 November 2009 - 01:13 PM

I'm having problems optimizing PCR primers for ChIP. They work great when I use genomic unsheared DNA as a template for the PCR reaction, however, that's not the case when I use 20% Input of sonicated DNA as a template. I don't think that it's a problem with the quality of sheared DNA as I have 2 primer pairs that always work and give me a great signal with both, unsheared genomic and sheared DNA. Is it just the case of bad primers even though they work very well on genomic DNA? I would greatly appreciate anyone's input on this as to how go about optimizing these primers. Thanks! Much appreciated!

#2 KPDE

KPDE

Veteran

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts
Neutral

Posted 07 November 2009 - 09:00 AM

I'm having problems optimizing PCR primers for ChIP. They work great when I use genomic unsheared DNA as a template for the PCR reaction, however, that's not the case when I use 20% Input of sonicated DNA as a template. I don't think that it's a problem with the quality of sheared DNA as I have 2 primer pairs that always work and give me a great signal with both, unsheared genomic and sheared DNA. Is it just the case of bad primers even though they work very well on genomic DNA? I would greatly appreciate anyone's input on this as to how go about optimizing these primers. Thanks! Much appreciated!

Sounds like there is a problem with the sheared DNA not the primers. How do you process the DNA for shearing and then crosslink reversal/proteinase K treatment?

#3 laurequillo

laurequillo

The Goddamn Batman!

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts
Neutral

Posted 09 November 2009 - 02:17 AM

Whats the size of your amplicon?
"He must be very ignorant for he answers every question he is asked" Voltaire

"This is SPARTA!"

"Im the goddamn batman"

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.