• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

Suitable antibody for H3K4me3?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Mushin

Mushin

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Neutral

Posted 04 November 2009 - 07:54 AM

My original choice was abcam's ab8580, but this is out of stock and their staff say they have no idea when new batches will be available. Upstate/Millipore's 07-473 is also now out of stock, and I'm waiting on their customer services to let me know if more will be available.

These two antibodies are by far the most popular I've seen in ChIP experiments. I will be using ChIP DNA for next gen sequencing so it's absolutely critical the antibody works well. Does anyone have a suggestion for an alternative, that has been used in a high profile publication, or you have personal experience with?

Thanks.

#2 epi123

epi123

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
Neutral

Posted 07 November 2009 - 10:20 AM

My original choice was abcam's ab8580, but this is out of stock and their staff say they have no idea when new batches will be available. Upstate/Millipore's 07-473 is also now out of stock, and I'm waiting on their customer services to let me know if more will be available.

These two antibodies are by far the most popular I've seen in ChIP experiments. I will be using ChIP DNA for next gen sequencing so it's absolutely critical the antibody works well. Does anyone have a suggestion for an alternative, that has been used in a high profile publication, or you have personal experience with?

Thanks.

Invitrogen and Cell signalling have this antibody as well but don't know any publications.

#3 annabellak

annabellak

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Neutral

Posted 08 March 2010 - 03:04 PM

I've used the cell signaling antibody for ChIP and it worked really well - better than upstate anyway!

#4 epi123

epi123

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
Neutral

Posted 10 March 2010 - 11:16 AM

other source for H3-K4Me3 antibody- Invitrogen, Epigentek

#5 jamessmith01

jamessmith01

Enthusiast

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32 posts
Neutral

Posted 11 March 2010 - 09:16 AM

Just to update, Upstate/Millipore's 07-473 is now in stock.

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.