• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

SDS ladder

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mapleleaf4

mapleleaf4

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Neutral

Posted 03 November 2009 - 12:44 PM

Hi all,
I've been using Amersham Full-Range Rainbow Molecular Weight marker as my ladder in my gels. However, this doesn't show up too well when stained with Coomassie Blue. Do you have any recommendations as to other types of ladders that will show up brightly? Thanks.

#2 Prep!

Prep!

Am I me???!!!

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 517 posts
Neutral

Posted 03 November 2009 - 09:08 PM

I normally use Bio-Rad prestained and ubnstained broad range markers (ready to use)
They are very reproducible and reliable
Support bacteria - They are the only culture some people have!!!
Cheers!!!

#3 dllinpat

dllinpat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Neutral

Posted 04 November 2009 - 12:47 AM

Hi all,
I've been using Amersham Full-Range Rainbow Molecular Weight marker as my ladder in my gels. However, this doesn't show up too well when stained with Coomassie Blue. Do you have any recommendations as to other types of ladders that will show up brightly? Thanks.

I've been using bio-rad "precision plus protein all blue standards" for a long time, it does work well. 2microlitter is good enough.

#4 Feelcontraire

Feelcontraire

Enthusiast

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 57 posts
Neutral

Posted 18 November 2009 - 06:10 PM

Hi all,

There are ladder's ready to be coomasie stained and they are the best choice for accurate weight stimation.
I remember Sigma has some, probably every company has some.

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.