• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

Long real-time Amplicon

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Parc

Parc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Neutral

Posted 29 October 2009 - 07:18 PM

I have experience using the Power Sybr Green 1-step RNA to Ct kit, but the optimal target length is ~50-150 bp and it is unable to handle long targets >a few hundred bps. Does anyone know of a kit or procedure that will allow me to quantitate much longer amplicons (~2 KB)?

#2 fishdoc

fishdoc

Veteran

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts
Neutral

Posted 30 October 2009 - 04:45 AM

I have experience using the Power Sybr Green 1-step RNA to Ct kit, but the optimal target length is ~50-150 bp and it is unable to handle long targets >a few hundred bps. Does anyone know of a kit or procedure that will allow me to quantitate much longer amplicons (~2 KB)?

You're better off making new primers to amplify a smaller sequence within that 2 kb amplicon.

#3 Parc

Parc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Neutral

Posted 30 October 2009 - 06:50 AM

I'd do that if my goal was to solely quantify the amount of starting product, but I'm actually looking to evaluate primer efficiency to make sure that the primers I am using will adequately amplify a mixed population of viral RNA, a portion of which may have some nucleotide mismatches with the primer pair.

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.