• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

Heat inactivation/Gel purification or both?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 laurequillo

laurequillo

The Goddamn Batman!

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts
Neutral

Posted 27 October 2009 - 08:34 AM

Hi there, I have a question regarding the heat inactivation of restriction enzymes and SAP. When I do a ligation normally I cut my plasmid, add SAP (if necessary) and then run and purify from a gel. My question is, should I heat inactivate the restriction enzyme and the SAP even if I purify from the gel? I never did, but reading old post in the forum I found that some people prefer to do it in that way. What do you think?

Thanks!
"He must be very ignorant for he answers every question he is asked" Voltaire

"This is SPARTA!"

"Im the goddamn batman"

#2 Vini

Vini

Veteran

• Active Members
  • 178 posts
Neutral

Posted 28 October 2009 - 06:52 AM

Hi there, I have a question regarding the heat inactivation of restriction enzymes and SAP. When I do a ligation normally I cut my plasmid, add SAP (if necessary) and then run and purify from a gel. My question is, should I heat inactivate the restriction enzyme and the SAP even if I purify from the gel? I never did, but reading old post in the forum I found that some people prefer to do it in that way. What do you think?

Thanks!

hey, in our lab, we proceed w/o carrying out the heat inactivation and cloning works fine 4 us this way. i really don't think its necessary. i guess e'one likes to follow their lab practice, hence differing views. personally, i don't see the need to do it. :)

#3 laurequillo

laurequillo

The Goddamn Batman!

• Active Members
  • 265 posts
Neutral

Posted 10 November 2009 - 06:50 AM

Good to know.
Thanks!
"He must be very ignorant for he answers every question he is asked" Voltaire

"This is SPARTA!"

"Im the goddamn batman"

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.