• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

Primary muscle cultures

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 EmilyG

EmilyG

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
Neutral

Posted 26 October 2009 - 12:43 PM

Hello everyone

I'm having a bit of trouble establishing primary muscle cultures and wondered if anyone could help.

Basically, I've developed a protocol for isolating the hind limb muscles from neonate mice, enzymatically digesting them and plating them out. I then have trouble keeping them at the right confluency - too dense and they differentiate, too sparse and become senescent!!! It seems to be an incredibly delicate balance.

Does anyone have any muscle/myoblast culturing experience - I could do with some hints and tips on how to keep them growing!

BW
Emily

#2 assembler01

assembler01

Enthusiast

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 48 posts
Neutral

Posted 31 October 2012 - 11:06 AM

This is an old post so I don't know if you're still watching it, but... I haven't had as much trouble keeping them at the right density. Could you expand a little on the details of your protocol? They don't seem to become senescent for me until a few passages in, even if plated at somewhat low densities (obviously not too low). There are so many different protocols though for isolating primary myoblasts so let me know the details first.

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.