• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

High Molecular weight artifact LA-PCR 2-step

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Sharuc

Sharuc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Neutral

Posted 22 October 2009 - 06:16 PM

I am carrying out a mouse mitochondrial DNA amplification using the one-shot LA-PCR reaction by Takara. I started with 100ng template, than 50ng and even at 1ng, with primers for a 14.3kB product. Here's the problem I face, I do a 2-step PCR with 2min 94C initial Denature, then 26 cycles of 98C 10sec, annealing and extension 10min at 68C, final extension 72C 10min (this is as per the 2-step protocol by Takara. I end up with a very high molecular weight amplified product ~ 30kB. What could be going wrong. The primers are right and show 100% homology with blastn. The Tm for the primers are 64 and 68C. I even introduced a annealing step at 63C for 20sec in the cycle but same result. If someone could help me resolve this issue I really appreciate that. Thank you in advance.
Sharuc

#2 Prep!

Prep!

Am I me???!!!

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 517 posts
Neutral

Posted 22 October 2009 - 09:29 PM

hi tehre.. can you also tell what were your controls? sounds strange at the first look though!!!
i also feel the extension step is too long for even a 14.3 kb product... have you done it on a Q-PCR?
Support bacteria - They are the only culture some people have!!!
Cheers!!!

#3 Sharuc

Sharuc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Neutral

Posted 23 October 2009 - 03:40 AM

The controls are good, theres no template control, no primer control, I don't see any bands in these. The extension time is based on takara suggestion, they use 15min for a 17.3kb product at 68C. No did not do a qPCR.
Thanks for helping out.

#4 Zach T

Zach T

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
Neutral

Posted 18 February 2011 - 03:30 PM

The controls are good, theres no template control, no primer control, I don't see any bands in these. The extension time is based on takara suggestion, they use 15min for a 17.3kb product at 68°C. No did not do a qPCR.
Thanks for helping out.

Have you had any luck with the TaKaRa LA-PCR amplification yet? I am also having issues getting good amplification of a 13 kb segment using TaKaRa.

Edited by Zach T, 18 February 2011 - 03:30 PM.

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.