• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

what primers should I use for DNA sequencing??

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 springstreet

springstreet

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Neutral

Posted 19 October 2009 - 05:41 AM

I only know the vector is pED-3d, but dunno the insertion site. Now I need to submit samples for DNA sequencing, please let me know what primers should I use? (T7? or something else) If I have to make primers myself (without knowing the insertion sites), how should I do it?

Thank you all so so much!!

#2 mdfenko

mdfenko

an elder

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,811 posts
Excellent

Posted 19 October 2009 - 08:40 AM

the insert will normally be in the multiple cloning site (mcs). since you don't know any more then you should use a standard primer (like t7) if it is in the plasmid. try one that is about 100 bases away from the mcs.
talent does what it can
genius does what it must
i do what i get paid to do

#3 springstreet

springstreet

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Neutral

Posted 19 October 2009 - 02:08 PM

the insert will normally be in the multiple cloning site (mcs). since you don't know any more then you should use a standard primer (like t7) if it is in the plasmid. try one that is about 100 bases away from the mcs.

thanks a lot for ur reply!!

#4 swanny

swanny

Veteran

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts
Neutral

Posted 19 October 2009 - 02:38 PM

vectorpedia has an entry for a mammalian vector pED (~5.4 kb; amp resistant), but nothing for pED-3d. Could it be pET-3d (4.6 kb, amp)??? Do you have a size for the vector? Try some standard digestions to look for unique sites - EcoRI, BamHI, HindIII. You may even pull out your insert...
Heart disease kills more women than breast cancer, but heart attack symptoms differ from men's symptoms. Get to know your heart... it could save your life.

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.