• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

Expression of human protein in mice in-vivo

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 niraj_262003

niraj_262003

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Neutral

Posted 16 October 2009 - 07:31 AM

Dear all,
Can anyone tell me a method to over express human protein in mice in-vivo. The biggest problem with my protein is it is highly unstable at physiological conditions i.e. half time is 5 min in plasma. We tried with pcDNA and pLive but we are not able to get an good expression. my protein expressed in liver that is another information i want to share with you.

Sincerely yours
Niraj

#2 Fizban

Fizban

Enthusiast

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 63 posts
Neutral

Posted 16 February 2010 - 12:47 AM

Dear all,
Can anyone tell me a method to over express human protein in mice in-vivo. The biggest problem with my protein is it is highly unstable at physiological conditions i.e. half time is 5 min in plasma. We tried with pcDNA and pLive but we are not able to get an good expression. my protein expressed in liver that is another information i want to share with you.

Sincerely yours
Niraj

if the protein is not stable changing the vector won't affect it so much. if you know the rason of the short half life you can work on that. if you presume that ubiquitination is the reason for instability try to block it by mutation.
it's not like having the wt protein but if u want overexpression you're already outside physiological conditions
Fiz

#3 scolix

scolix

a student

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts
Neutral

Posted 19 February 2010 - 11:21 AM

Use recombinant viruses to infect the liver. I know that AAV could do it. Use a weak promoter and may be you are lucky.

#4 cupidstunt

cupidstunt

Enthusiast

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31 posts
Neutral

Posted 10 November 2011 - 03:29 AM

career protein?

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.