• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

Which ANOVA?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Lorna G

Lorna G

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Neutral

Posted 15 October 2009 - 06:50 AM

Hey,

im having a debate with my supervisor and lab mate as to which is the correct way to analyse my data. I look at 2 different drug treatments along with their vehicle controls, so my groups are vehicle, prop+v, Kanic acid+v and prop+Kainic acid. The particular exp i was looking at was caspase activity in each of the groups over time (n=4-7).

So the question is:

Should this be analysed with a 2-way repeated measures ANOVA as there are 2 drugs and the repeated measures takes the time into account

or

Should it be a 3 way repeated measures ANOVA with the 2 drugs and time as factors?

I use graphpad prism to do my stats and my supervisor uses GB STAT so im wondering is it due to the programmes that this could be analysed differently?

I will be using a Neuman-Keuls as my post-hoc test.

any help on this would be greatly appreciated!

#2 fishdoc

fishdoc

Veteran

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts
Neutral

Posted 15 October 2009 - 07:21 AM

Hey,

im having a debate with my supervisor and lab mate as to which is the correct way to analyse my data. I look at 2 different drug treatments along with their vehicle controls, so my groups are vehicle, prop+v, Kanic acid+v and prop+Kainic acid. The particular exp i was looking at was caspase activity in each of the groups over time (n=4-7).

So the question is:

Should this be analysed with a 2-way repeated measures ANOVA as there are 2 drugs and the repeated measures takes the time into account

or

Should it be a 3 way repeated measures ANOVA with the 2 drugs and time as factors?

I use graphpad prism to do my stats and my supervisor uses GB STAT so im wondering is it due to the programmes that this could be analysed differently?

I will be using a Neuman-Keuls as my post-hoc test.

any help on this would be greatly appreciated!

Looks to me like 2 factor, because you only have 2 factors: type of treatment and time.

If you included something else, like gender, then you'd need a 3 factor anova.

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.