• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

Sybr Green I in real-time PCR reaction

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Michaelro

Michaelro

Enthusiast

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 52 posts
Neutral

Posted 13 October 2009 - 11:54 PM

Hi everyone
We want to add manually Sybr Green I dye into the real-time PCR reaction
We intend to use S9430 product from Sigma which is 10,000X solution of Sybr Green I in DMSO
Does anybody have experience with this product or similar products in real-time PCR?
Thanks for your help
Michael

#2 fhsantanna

fhsantanna

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Neutral

Posted 19 October 2009 - 10:50 AM

Yes, it functions perfectly.
I use the SyBR Green 10000x of Invitrogen. I dilute 100X in DMSO (diluted stock final concentration: 100X) and when I am going to perform the PCR reaction I dilute this diluted SYBR stock a hundred more times in water (1X). If you are going to perform a 20 uL reaction, you have to put 2 uL of SYBR Green 1x, so, the final concentration of SYBR in the real-time PCR reaction will be 0,1X.

#3 Prep!

Prep!

Am I me???!!!

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 517 posts
Neutral

Posted 23 October 2009 - 07:12 PM

well fhsantanna is absolutely right!!!
but frankly i have never heard of a 10000X conc SYBR dye.. or may be its just the dye and not the master mix which is generally available with Roche or Eurogentec or ABI which contails Mg+2 ions and dNTPs and TAq polymerase.
Support bacteria - They are the only culture some people have!!!
Cheers!!!

#4 Michaelro

Michaelro

Enthusiast

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 52 posts
Neutral

Posted 30 October 2009 - 03:47 AM

Yes, it functions perfectly.
I use the SyBR Green 10000x of Invitrogen. I dilute 100X in DMSO (diluted stock final concentration: 100X) and when I am going to perform the PCR reaction I dilute this diluted SYBR stock a hundred more times in water (1X). If you are going to perform a 20 uL reaction, you have to put 2 uL of SYBR Green 1x, so, the final concentration of SYBR in the real-time PCR reaction will be 0,1X.

Thank You very much
It was very helpful
Some guys in our lab have a hard time with the Syber ready mixes so I advised them to introduce the syber green manually into reaction with the DNA polymerase that works well.
Best
Michael

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.