• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

Do i have to use BD 14ml tube for quickchange ?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 springstreet

springstreet

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Neutral

Posted 09 October 2009 - 09:40 AM

Hi guys, I am just wondering if I have to use BD 14ml round bottom tube in the transformation (into XL1blue). I used the regular 1.5 ml eppendorf tube before...
anyone has suggestions?

Thank you so much!!

#2 Dr Teeth

Dr Teeth

Veteran

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts
Neutral

Posted 09 October 2009 - 10:44 AM

Hi guys, I am just wondering if I have to use BD 14ml round bottom tube in the transformation (into XL1blue). I used the regular 1.5 ml eppendorf tube before...
anyone has suggestions?

Thank you so much!!

I never used anything other than the BD 14 ml round bottom tubes and had a success rate of 100% for Stratagene's quickchange kit. You can surely try anything you want, but the manual points out that their kit was tested using these tubes, so I'd use them.

Science is simply common sense at its best that is rigidly accurate in observation and merciless to fallacy in logic.
Thomas Henry Huxley

#3 springstreet

springstreet

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Neutral

Posted 09 October 2009 - 10:58 AM

Thanks a lot for your reply.

I remembered in 2006, they didnt use 14ml tubes in the protocol, we used 1.5ml tube and it worked well. I havent been doing this for almost 3 years and today i noticed this change on the product manual. I asked because our water bath is very tiny and wont's fit the 14ml tubes. Anyway, thanks again.

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.