• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

Haematopoietic stem cells

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 sssss

sssss

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
Neutral

Posted 07 October 2009 - 04:45 AM

hi,
how to store haematopoietic stem cells for long term use????

#2 si78to

si78to

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Neutral

Posted 11 November 2009 - 12:32 AM

hi,

I am working with HSC isolated from cord blood. I cryofreezed at -152C using DMSO. But usually some of the cell will die after revived.

#3 boudou_611

boudou_611

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Neutral

Posted 19 November 2009 - 09:29 PM

hi,

I am working with HSC isolated from cord blood. I cryofreezed at -152C using DMSO. But usually some of the cell will die after revived.

Hi,

I cryopreserved HSC in freezing media: 60% FBS, 10% DMSO & 30% culture media. after cryopreserved and thawing, the cells viability will be low at initial but then they will recover..

Rgrds,
Boudou

#4 Hodag

Hodag

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Neutral

Posted 16 December 2009 - 12:08 PM

hi,

This is very tough to do, mainly because you probably don't have a single cell type but rather a "cell soup" containing stem cells, progenitor, and some precursors. All these cells have different diameters and it is almost impossible to get a uniform freeze/thaw when working with a mixed cell population so a significant amount of lysis is practically guaranteed.

If you have one particlar phenotype that you are interested in, you may want to optimize the process to preserve that cell.

#5 sssss

sssss

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
Neutral

Posted 25 December 2009 - 01:18 AM

hiiiiiiii
thanksa a lot for your suggestions
but how to store a lineage negative infected cells?????????

#6 Piersgb

Piersgb

Enthusiast

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 41 posts
Neutral

Posted 20 July 2010 - 07:09 AM

Just out of interest, where do you source your haematopoietic stem cells from and what are you doing with them?

I think as people previously said you have to tailor your freezing method/protocol specifically to your stage of culture or the cell type that you have isolated. If it is still a mixture then there is sure to be a reasonable loss of cell viability after thawing.

I'm currently sourcing mouse bone marrow cells from the long bones of mice, putting these unselected cells into culture to eventually produce eosinophils. So far with little sucess! Have been following a published protocol tho...

"Functionally competent eosinophils differentiated ex vivo in high purity from normal mouse bone marrow", J Immunol. 2008 Sep 15;181(6):4004-9.

Anyone else doing anything similar?!

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.