• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

Problem in protein expression

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 anandraj79

anandraj79

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Neutral

Posted 25 September 2009 - 04:04 AM

Hi,

I am struggling with protein expression, my protein nature is toxic to host cell. i have tried pEXP5-CT/TOPO expression vector system but didn`t work out.

Suggestion from all researcher are mostly welcome.

regards,

Anand

#2 Dr Teeth

Dr Teeth

Veteran

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts
Neutral

Posted 25 September 2009 - 08:54 AM

Hi,

I am struggling with protein expression, my protein nature is toxic to host cell. i have tried pEXP5-CT/TOPO expression vector system but didn`t work out.

regards,

Anand

If your protein expression is toxic to the target cells, why would you use pEXP5? This vector is designed for high level expression. You want something with reduced expression or better yet, an inducible system, such as tet-on, where your protein would not be expressed unless the target cells were treated with Doxycyline.

Science is simply common sense at its best that is rigidly accurate in observation and merciless to fallacy in logic.
Thomas Henry Huxley

#3 andy.dods6

andy.dods6

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Neutral

Posted 25 September 2009 - 09:37 AM

Hi,

regards,

Anand

If your protein expression is toxic to the target cells, why would you use pEXP5? This vector is designed for high level expression. You want something with reduced expression or better yet, an inducible system, such as tet-on, where your protein would not be expressed unless the target cells were treated with Doxycyline.

Just a note to this point, if you were going to produce a low expressing vector, try sticking a Z-tag on it. This enables very good capture of your protein, allowing maximal enrichment.

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.