Jump to content

  • Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
- - - - -


  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 borriello.87



  • Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 03:24 AM

Hi all,
I've some questions about different types of water:

1)In order to make cell culture grade buffers and media, do I need Milli-Q water or Elix water is enough?
2)Can I purchase molecular biology grade water?

Thank you!

#2 mdfenko


    an elder emeritus

  • Awaiting Authorisation
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,250 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 06:20 AM

1) for cell culture you require type 1 water (milli-q, nanopure, etc). elix is type 2.

2) yes, you can purchase molecular biology (and hplc) grade water from most chemical supply vendors.

see this page from [url="http://www.millipore.com/labwater/lw3/waterquality"]millipore[/url]

Edited by mdfenko, 25 September 2009 - 06:23 AM.

talent does what it can
genius does what it must
i do what i get paid to do

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.