• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

Amplfy vector

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Anusha

Anusha

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Neutral

Posted 23 September 2009 - 08:54 AM

Hi. I have 20ul of precipitated vector that we obtained from another lab. i wish to amplify and have more of the vector. Can just transform it with competent Ecoli cells and purify doing a miniprep and then a Maxi? or is there any other quick technique to obtain more of the vector?

please help.

thanks

#2 Dr Teeth

Dr Teeth

Veteran

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts
Neutral

Posted 23 September 2009 - 10:50 AM

Dilute some of the vector to 1-2 ng/ul and transform in competent cells and perform a maxiprep. When setting up your culture for the maxiprep, follow the appropriate protocol based on the plamid copy number. Confirm the identity of your plasmid by restriction digestions and sequencing! Many labs have sent me plasmids that were not what they were supposed to be or had mutations. To save yourself time, energy, and resources, SEQUENCE any plasmid sent to you by anyone before you test it experiementally!

Edited by Dr Teeth, 23 September 2009 - 10:52 AM.

Science is simply common sense at its best that is rigidly accurate in observation and merciless to fallacy in logic.
Thomas Henry Huxley

#3 Anusha

Anusha

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Neutral

Posted 23 September 2009 - 11:04 AM

Thanks Dr. teeth on that suggestion

Dilute some of the vector to 1-2 ng/ul and transform in competent cells and perform a maxiprep. When setting up your culture for the maxiprep, follow the appropriate protocol based on the plamid copy number. Confirm the identity of your plasmid by restriction digestions and sequencing! Many labs have sent me plasmids that were not what they were supposed to be or had mutations. To save yourself time, energy, and resources, SEQUENCE any plasmid sent to you by anyone before you test it experiementally!

Thanks

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.