How to be a troll
- Wait patiently until somebody writes a thing you think you can attack, no matter what. If possible go for marginal trifles.
- Start arguing smoothly in your best imitation of a real scholar (rehearse first).
- Keep on provoking with increasing offensiveness until the other reacts.
- In case of a friendly and polite reply, put it blunter and blunter until the other's politeness wears off.
- Get as personal as you can: too much is still not enough.
- Don't use any hint of humour or subtlety: as they relate to intelligence real trolls ignore all about them.
- Never forget that You Are Right. If your opponent puts you in the corner yell like hell and twist the world until it matches what you said.
- Don't be shy, insult freely. The more reasonable the other sounds, the louder and heavier your insults shall be.
- Don't give quarter: intrude in whatever discussion you like and never relent until it dies in order to get rid of you.
- If irreparably cornered change nickname and restart elsewhere.
So far the 'how' to do it. About the 'why' you should do it, the explanation can vary. The table below covers only part of the known reasons. Please check all that applies.
- as a toddler you had an unresolved conflict with the chamber pot.
- since you are unable to prove your superiority, you feel compelled to prove other people's inferiority.
- your mother used to shout at you before your friends "and remember not to wet your pants again!"
- your father was always right, in particular when he was wrong. Now you are feeling that your turn has come.
- your girlfriend left you for a nice, cultivated man.
- your baby-sitter committed suicide because of you and you cannot get rid of the remorse.
- you like tying empty cans to the cat's tail.
- you would like so much to rape a woman but your hardware isn't up to it.
- as a child the nastier you were the more you got, and you never found a valid reason to change.
- you are actually the reincarnation of Napoleon but are keeping it confidential for obvious reasons.
- other (specify)_______________________________________________________________________
Taken from here