• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

Tumour Spheroid models

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 molecular_medicine

molecular_medicine

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
Neutral

Posted 11 September 2009 - 02:04 AM

Hi all,

I suggested a tumour spheroid model to study the invasivess of the tumour and to use an antibody to block out the protein of our interest to see if it has an effect on the invasiveness of the cell. My supervisor is a bit skeptical about it since no one in my lab has ever done it. I am planning on cell migration, cell motility (wound healing) and anchorage independent growth assays to study the invasive property.. But I feel it will be cool to have a 3d model of the tumour, so that I do histologial staining on these models to further study the proliferation, apoptosis of these cells and if blocking the protein does in fact effect these cells.

Firstly, can you please tell me if I am in the right direction? NExt can you please post ur protocol (not involving expensive and posh stuffs pleeeeease!!) to make spheroid tumours...

If I can do this, my supervisor will be highly highly higgggggghly impressed!!!!! The credit will go to all of you of course.. :(

Thanks all!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.