• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

competitive binding

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 nicot

nicot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Neutral

Posted 09 September 2009 - 09:36 AM

I have a compound which mimicking the protein -protein direct binding and enhance apoptosis
I have one protein His tagged and other one with gst tagged. Both are purified
I want to do an assay to show which protein is binding the compound.
I immobilized the gst tagged protein with gst beads then wash then compound then with next interacting protein.
I am not able to see any protein- portien binding in the control or drug treated one .
I found all the interacting proteins are washed off. Can anybody suggest something?

i have done few experiments with incubating gst beads with gst tagged protein overnight, wash then compound, wash then interacting his tagged protein
here I am getting a lot of nonspecific binding of his protein.

#2 BIOKMST

BIOKMST

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
Neutral

Posted 17 September 2009 - 11:49 AM

I have a compound which mimicking the protein -protein direct binding and enhance apoptosis
I have one protein His tagged and other one with gst tagged. Both are purified
I want to do an assay to show which protein is binding the compound.
I immobilized the gst tagged protein with gst beads then wash then compound then with next interacting protein.
I am not able to see any protein- portien binding in the control or drug treated one .
I found all the interacting proteins are washed off. Can anybody suggest something?

i have done few experiments with incubating gst beads with gst tagged protein overnight, wash then compound, wash then interacting his tagged protein
here I am getting a lot of nonspecific binding of his protein.

I'm thinking - cross-linking - but, I've never done it and don't know how it can work with lysates....

Good Luck!

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.