• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!

QQ_lin's Content

There have been 13 items by QQ_lin (Search limited from 13-November 18)

Sort by                Order  

#30664 Culture of soil bacteria

Posted by QQ_lin on 27 July 2009 - 07:06 AM in Microbiology

Thanks for your advices, Pito and GeorgeWolff. I will try that out. Hopefully I can get the best result for my cultivation. Also thank you, Tanja. Thanks for sharing useful information with me. I really appreciate it. Have a nice day, friends! :o

#29560 Culture of soil bacteria

Posted by QQ_lin on 18 July 2009 - 07:13 AM in Microbiology

Really thanks for your reply, Pito and also the others. I really appreciate it. Actually I want to see what types of bacteria colonies that I can get from the soil sample that I collected from different areas so that I can do isolation for those that I am interested in. ;)

#29354 Culture of soil bacteria

Posted by QQ_lin on 16 July 2009 - 05:28 AM in Microbiology

I am now involving a study regarding soil bacteria. Is it compulsory for me to do serial dilutions for the soil sample before pouring the aliquot onto the agar medium? And what is the difference between mixing the soil sample with Phosphate Buffer Saline (PBS) instead of using sterile distilled water? Thanks. :)

#20563 Limitations of Animal Tissue Cultures

Posted by QQ_lin on 31 March 2009 - 06:28 AM in Tissue and Cell Culture

Look out for papers regarding the end-replication problem/telomere shortening and the mechanisms involved.

Thanks! :)

#20464 Limitations of Animal Tissue Cultures

Posted by QQ_lin on 30 March 2009 - 12:31 PM in Tissue and Cell Culture

Good work, those were some of the issues associated with the original question.

I would add patient responses to the list, especially rejection of the tissue/cells implanted. I would also add the risk of generating some foreign tumour type - many cell lines are very very aggressive in culture and are likely to be so in patients also, so if they escape the implant, they could cause cancers, especially if the patient is on immuno-suppressant drugs. There is also the risk of infection from the implants, many cell cultures have been transformed with/by viruses, and some even still shed live virus, though this can be easily tested for.

With regards to overcoming the problems - the answer is no, we can't over come the genetic instability of cells yet, and it isn't really feasible in the near (20+ years) future.

Thanks for your information. I appreciate a lots. I would like to find out more on genetic instability of the cells. Do you have any resources regarding this issue that you can recommend to me for my additional readings?

Thanks. :P

#20286 Limitations of Animal Tissue Cultures

Posted by QQ_lin on 28 March 2009 - 07:43 PM in Tissue and Cell Culture

Hello friends,

I have figured out some of the limitations in animal tissue culture for medical advancement which as listed as below:

1. Cross-contamination of the cell lines
2. Instability of the continuous cell lines due to chromosomal instability
3. The differences between in vitro and in vivo system during drug testing and organ transplantation
4. Origin of the explants

Do you think the limitations stated above can be totally overcome in the next future with all the developments of advance technology and techniques? :lol:

#19841 Explants used in direct somatic embryogenesis

Posted by QQ_lin on 24 March 2009 - 09:36 AM in Tissue and Cell Culture

The roots, stem, leaf, meristem and other parts of plants can grow via direct somatic embryogenesis if the media and plant growth regulators used are right. However, you may need to try out which explants will give you the best result as different plants will give the different result.

Good luck

I am now using the fully matured cotyledon parts from the zygotic embryo of the seed to perform the tissue culture. Thanks for your information. I appreciate it. :(

#19219 Limitations of Animal Tissue Cultures

Posted by QQ_lin on 18 March 2009 - 05:58 AM in Tissue and Cell Culture

think about patient response, cell replication etc.

Thanks for your suggestions. I am still in the progress of searching the best answers. :D

#19029 Limitations of Animal Tissue Cultures

Posted by QQ_lin on 16 March 2009 - 06:49 PM in Tissue and Cell Culture

This is an interesting question, even possibly a students college assignment?

So maybe you should try the old fashion way of answering a question by doing some research and reading some books for yourself.

Maybe then you can leave a reply telling us all the answer.

Actually I am now trying my best to find the possible answers. I also hope that I can share the answers that I will get with all of you very soon. Just want to post it here so that we all can think about it. Thanks for your comments. I appreciate it. :)

#18948 Limitations of Animal Tissue Cultures

Posted by QQ_lin on 16 March 2009 - 04:46 AM in Tissue and Cell Culture

Animal tissue cultures can help to create many possibilities in medical advancement for now and in the future. Besides the ethics problems that
encountered many scientists, what are the other major limitations that scientists will face when performing animal tissue cultures especially for medical purposes such as organ transplantation, etc. ? :)

#18370 Explants used in direct somatic embryogenesis

Posted by QQ_lin on 10 March 2009 - 07:39 AM in Tissue and Cell Culture

Looks like you need meristem for it work, so you could use parts of the roots, but then I haven't done it or studied it

Most of the journals that I have read are using cotyledons from seeds. If I directly used roots to perform the tissue culture, the techniques used seems to be organogenesis instead of direct somatic embryogenesis is it? I am confuse about it... :huh:

#18184 Explants used in direct somatic embryogenesis

Posted by QQ_lin on 08 March 2009 - 05:11 PM in Tissue and Cell Culture

Looks like homework to me... have you tried this link

I have tried to search from there so many times....But still cannot get the Confirmed answers...Anyways thanks for your reply... :P

Can anyone help me... :P

#17854 Explants used in direct somatic embryogenesis

Posted by QQ_lin on 05 March 2009 - 09:32 AM in Tissue and Cell Culture

Can we choose root as explant when performing direct somatic embryogenesis for plant tissue culture? What are the other forms of explants that we can use for direct somatic embryogenesis? Thanks... :)

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.