• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!

Wolverena's Content

There have been 4 items by Wolverena (Search limited from 12-November 18)

Sort by                Order  

#103000 Do you know good sequencing companies?

Posted by Wolverena on 07 March 2011 - 08:13 PM in Molecular Biology

Hi there...

Thanks everybody for their replies.

Just a short update: I looked at their website and it seems like that Macrogen has sequencing facilities in the US as well. So if you are in the US, then that would mean no shipping to Korea.

Cheers,
V

#102752 Publish or Perish

Posted by Wolverena on 04 March 2011 - 07:20 PM in Dissertation and Paper Writing

I don't understand why peer-review journal should continue to exist! Longtime ago, all scientific and great discoveries came out without peer-reviewed journals!
Did Mandel, Darwin, Einstein, Newton,...and so on, publish their research in peer-reviewed journals?
So, why should we support the capitalist publishing policy to make them more and more rich?
Publishing is becoming business issue, not to publish scientific results!
I am an ardent supporter for the open publishing and eliminate the peer-reviewed policy!
Knowledge should be free and available to everyone without constraints!

I can see how peer-review can be frustration. However, if it is done the right way it can improve your paper and your work. Unfortunately, sometimes competition and certain personalities can hinder this "intentionally positive process".

And I agree, publishing should not be a business issue.....

#102751 How to keep articles organized

Posted by Wolverena on 04 March 2011 - 07:09 PM in Reading and Organizing Literature

I LOVE the program papers for Mac. I have been using it for a couple years now and able to organize my pdfs, and, most importantly, find them when I need them. The only little drawback is that one cannot use it for citing. However, you can export the papers as references and import them into EndNote.

Cheers,
V

#102748 Do you know good sequencing companies?

Posted by Wolverena on 04 March 2011 - 07:02 PM in Molecular Biology

Hi there,

I was wondering if you have a favorite sequencing company? I am specifically looking for companies that do Sanger sequencing (for full 16s rDNA). However, there are so many companies out there that it is a bit overwhelming. So I thought I'll check what your opinions are. Please let me know if there is a company you trust. Thanks!

Cheers,
Verena

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.