• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!

Olivia Zabel's Content

There have been 7 items by Olivia Zabel (Search limited from 15-November 18)

Sort by                Order  

#171745 CHO-K1 transfection problem

Posted by Olivia Zabel on 19 November 2014 - 01:08 AM in Molecular Biology

Hi,

in general all commercial transfection reagents are cationic in charge which leads to aggregation of cells when used in suspesion culture (like CHO cells). This decreases transfection efficiency because not every single cell will be reached.

For plasmid transfection of my CHO cells I use a new kind of transfection reagent which is zero in charge and avoids aggregation. Its called Viromer YELLOW and was develeopd from Lipocalyx (www.lipocalyx.de). Viromers are syntehtic polymers and due to their zero charge and an active endosome escape mechanism I get higher transfection efficiency compared to standard reagents.

Plasmid transfection of CHO cells by using Viromer YELLOW was published too (see attached file).

Attached Files

#171744 Dead cells after transfection

Posted by Olivia Zabel on 19 November 2014 - 12:51 AM in Molecular Biology

Hi,

for transfection of my tumor cell lines I use a new kind of transfection reagent which is called Viromer and was developed from Lipocalyx (www.lipocalyx.de).

Viromers are syntehtic polymers zero in charge and very gentle to cells. Due to their active endosome escape mechanism I get higher transfection efficiency compared to standard transfection reagents.

Pease find attached some data and inormation.

Attached Files

#171743 Subsequent DNA and siRNA transfection

Posted by Olivia Zabel on 19 November 2014 - 12:46 AM in siRNA, microRNA and RNAi

Hi,

for plasmid transfection of MCF-7 cells my colleagues use Viromer RED and Viromer BLUE for siRNA. Viromers were developed from Lipocalyx (www.lipocalyx.de).

Viromers are synthetic polymers zero in charge and very gentle to cells. Due to their active endosome escape mechanism my colleagues get higher transfection efficiency compared to standard reagents.

Please find attached some exemplary data.

Attached Files

#171742 Transient transfection using linear 25 kDa PEI transfection reagent in CHO k1

Posted by Olivia Zabel on 19 November 2014 - 12:35 AM in Protein Expression and Purification

Hi,

in general all commercial transfection reagents are positive in charge which lead to aggregation of cells when used in suspension cultures. This will decrease transfection efficiency because not every single cell will be reached.

For plasmid transfection of my CHO cells I use Viromer YELLOW (from Lipocalyx: www.lipocalyx.de).

Viromers are syntehtic polymers zero in charge and very gentle to cells. Due to their active andosome escape mechanism and zero charge I get higher transfection efficiency compared to standard transfection reagents which are all cationic.

Plasmid transfection into CHO cells by using Viromer YELLOW was published too (see attached file).

Attached Files

#171741 Transfection Enhancer Efficiency

Posted by Olivia Zabel on 19 November 2014 - 12:12 AM in Tissue and Cell Culture

Hi,

for siRNA/miRNA as well as for plasmid/shRNA/mRNA transfection I use a new kind of transfection reagent. Its called: Viromer and was developed from Lipocalyx (www.lipocalyx.de).

Viromers are synthetic polymers zero in charge and very gently to cells. Due to an active endosome escape mechanism I get higher transfection efficiency compared to standard transfection reagents.

Please find attached some data and information.

Attached Files

#171740 Lentivirus transfection using RAW 264.7 cells

Posted by Olivia Zabel on 19 November 2014 - 12:05 AM in siRNA, microRNA and RNAi

Hi,

for siRNA/miRNA transfection of RAW 264.7 cells my colleagues use Viromer BLUE and for plasmid/shRNA transfection they use Viromer RED. By using Viromers they got up to 100% transfection efficiency.

Viromers are a new kind of transfection reagents developed from Lipocalyx (www.lipocalyx.de). They are synthetic polymers zero in charge and very gentle to the cells. Due to their active endosome escape mechanism my colleagues get higher transfection efficiency compared to standard transfection reagents.

Please find attached some data.

Attached Files

#171738 Transfection problem

Posted by Olivia Zabel on 18 November 2014 - 11:48 PM in Tissue and Cell Culture

Hi,

for siRNA transfection of my osteosarcoma cells line I use Viromer BLUE (from Lipocalyx).

Its a new kind of transfection reagent. Its a syntehtic polymer zero in charge. Due to its active endosome escape mechanism I get higher transfection efficiency compared to standard transfection reagents. Further more its very gentle to my cells.

Attached Files

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.